Summer is fast approaching once again and the demand for summer flowers is increasing. In this time of the year, more people purchase flowers to give it to their loved ones as a gift. Summer is also the best time to get married therefore orders for wedding bouquets and baskets pile up from left and right. If you have a friend, relative, family member or special someone who’s going to celebrate their birthday or any kind of event this summer, the best gift that you can give them are flowers that bloom in this season.
Since not all flowers can bloom all year, you need to know the best ones that you can purchase during this season. If you are looking for the best summer flowers that you can offer to your loved ones, here is a shortlist of top 10 summer season blooms that you can purchase in your local flower shop personally or order online.
- Carnation. This flower is one of the most popular choices among florists. This is commonly used in corsages, boutonnieres and other formal floral arrangements. It is widely believed that this flower was the first ones to grow and blossomed on Earth. A legend of Christian origin relates that this flower sprung from the ground where the Virgin Mary’s tear dropped. Pink carnation signifies motherly love and devotion.
- Chrysanthemum. This flower blooms in different shapes and sizes. This is also primarily used in buttons and pompons. This flower originated from Europe, South Africa and Asia. Did you know that Chrysanthemum has around 200 species? This flower also goes with different names such as daisies, spiders and pompons? You will see different colors of Chrysanthemum such as yellow, pink, orange, red and purple.
- Lilac. This flower is known for its fragrance and beauty. Just like Chrysanthemum, this flower originated from Europe and Asia. This flower blooms for 3 to 7 days making any part of the room it was placed fragrant.
- Jasmine. Known for its unique and remarkable fragrance, this flower is famous not only in the United States but also all over the world. There are 200 species of jasmine. This flower grows in the tropical forests of Africa and Asia and some parts of Europe. These blossoms are usually part of garments of women in Asia. Because of its attractive fragrance, many perfumes are based on this lovely flower.
- American Persimmon. The American persimmon comes from a flowering tree that grows up to 20 meters. The flower possesses a bell-like yellowish appearance and unique fragrance. The tree may flower regularly but it can only produce the fruit every 6 years. The sweet-tasting fruit, just like the flower, is very popular because it can be eaten.
- Bird of paradise. This flower, also known as Strelitzia, is a flower that is famous because of its appearance. The flowers bloom individually and resemble a bird in flight. This flower is very famous among gardeners because it can be easily grown in backyards. In addition, this flower can be purchased at any time of the year. It can be bought in yellow, blue, white and orange colors. The vase life of bird of paradise is about 1 to 2 weeks. This flower can survive at any temperature under 45 F.
- Orchids. This flower has the most diverse sub-species. Orchids are primarily used in decorating and highlighting formal events such as wedding, prom, homecoming and office events. This blossom means love, luxury and elegance. The Ancient Greeks used this flower to signify manliness.
- Peony. One of the most favorite garden blooms, this flower is the official flower of the state of Louisiana. It has a very distinct aroma and known for its large and bright petals. Peony originated from North America, Asia and Europe. The colors of this flower ranges from white to very bright pink.
- Calla lily. This flower is one of the uncommon plants that can make your home or garden elegant. These blooms are usually seen on weddings and other formal events. Moreover, this is also used in boutonnieres and corsages. Originated from South Africa, this flower can be seen in different colors such as red, ivory, mauve-pink and golden yellow.
- Cosmos. Cosmos was named by a Spanish priest who found it in his gardens in Mexico. This flower can be seen in many shades of colors and very famous plant that can be easily grown in your garden.
Now that you have an idea on what flowers you should purchase this summer, you can easily plan ahead and decide when to give it. Contact us today so that we could reserve you these flowers on the date that you need one!