40 years ago, the Bird of Paradise was the only tropical flower that can be found anywhere in the United States – except in Hawaii. In 1972, different tropical flowers were introduced to a few flower shops in New York City in addition to a handful of flowers shops in San Francisco, CA. Flowers such as heliconia, ginger, orchids, proteas and anthurium were increasingly becoming famous especially in gay community. These days, almost no one can spot a tropical flower in every American flower shop, particularly those in big cities. However, plenty as they grow, potential flower clients don’t buy them. Perhaps these customers are not aware of the existence of these magnificent flowers.
Most tropical flowers enter New York City; if you live within or near the city, you can get these flowers at an affordable price compared to other shops all over the country. However, the US tropical flowers can still be purchased on affordable prices.
However, tropical flowers are not only for summer season or tropical-inspired weddings and parties. With their attractive and refreshing appearances, these flowers have become famous choices for different occasions and home décor.
Here are 7 good reasons why you should order tropical flowers from your florists:
- Long life. Tropical flowers have the ability to live up to two weeks in a vase. This is perfect for events such as weddings because you could have the flower arrangements set up the day prior to the service. You won’t need to think about the condition of the flowers for a while because they don’t wither easily. You could even offer these flowers to guests as souvenirs. These flowers can become an exquisite gift and they will be able to enjoy it for a long time.
On the other hand, for those people who want to use these flowers as home décor, you could get more value for your money because tropical flowers live longer compared to other flowers. You won’t even need to replace them regularly.
- Able to endure heat. Tropical flowers can withstand hot places unlike most flowers. Regular flowers have tendency to wither faster in the warm days of summer and spring. Tropical flowers don’t have this kind of problem. They can endure warm, photographic lights or other things that would make other flowers lifeless as well. This means that for times such as parties and weddings where there is plenty of light exposure and people, tropical flowers will last from beginning to end without losing their vitality.
- It doesn’t need maintenance. Apart from longer life, tropical flowers’ succulent and thick stem need small amount of water and less effort to maintain than regular flowers therefore making it as perfect gifts aside from being a good home décor.
- They can be grown easily. Most flowers are very hard to grow because you have to wait for a particular season before you could profit from it. However, this is not the case for tropical flowers. They can even grow anywhere in your garden.
- More affordable compared to seasonal flowers. Because tropical flowers can be planted and grown any time you want, you don’t need to worry about its price on the market. Other flowers are more expensive because they need more care than the tropical ones.
- You can purchase it any time of the year at any flower shop. You don’t have to travel far and wide or visit tropical countries just to purchase tropical flowers. These flowers can be found on your local flower shop.
- Because tropical flowers are rarely seen, it can provide a refreshing look in any corner of your home. If you are tired of seeing regular flowers in your living room and other corners of your house, it is time for you to get a whole new bunch of flowers to brighten up your life.
Buying tropical flowers especially for weddings is the perfect way of commemorating it. Tropical flowers are typically found in places with tropical climates and blossom all year long. These are the most suitable flowers for tropical-themed weddings. Usually, these are arranged together with other exotic foliage and flowers. Every summer season when most weddings happen, tropical flowers thrive and are very affordable particularly in big cities.